My name is Enmanuel and I am pursuing a Masters in International Education. I am currently taking a course titled "International Studies of Human Rights in Latin America." I often think about the many injustices around the world. At times, I distance myself from them as if I was not affected by them. I must say that learning about the many human rights violations that have taken place in Latin America have blown me away. When I think about human rights violations, I think of them as occurring in other parts of the world. Rufina Amaya's family was systematically assassinated in 1981 by the Salvadoran army. She witnessed the death of her four children and husband at the hands of the army. Rufina was able to escape and made it her mission to tell her story to anyone who listened. In this spirit, I hope to also share my thoughts, impressions, reflections about what I learn about human rights.
I really love this idea for a class project. It definitely opens up topic discussions and engages people into participating while keeping them interested in these subjects. And you have done a great job with your blog post. Not only have they got me more interested in history and politics (which I hated by the way), but it has also opened my eyes to situations that I never really thought about in personal level.
ReplyDeleteThank you Laura. I've really enjoyed this project.
ReplyDelete